May 22, 2010

May 22, 2010

Saturday, July 9, 2011

To do list!

Thursday was my last day at Oregon Spice! I will write a separate blog post about all of the changes in our lives later. 

For now, I am embracing unemployed life! I got my first job at 17 at Jamba Juice. I worked as an office assistant for my mom's company before that but as far as continuation of employment, I got my Jamba Juice job 1 week after my 17th birthday. It was an awesome job! And it triggered a sense of work ethic, responsibility, freedom and accomplishment that I loved. I continuously had jobs, sometimes two, all through college and then landed my first "grown up" job a few weeks before I graduated college. The job was at Oregon Spice Company and I was to start the Monday after finals. I reluctantly did not take a break.

Five intense years later, I had my last day and my new job does not start for a week so I am embracing one full week of unemployed life! I worked half a pay period and had some vacation days to cash out so luckily there is no financial loss from me taking a week off. However, I plan to spend my days catching up on projects I haven't had time for since we got the new house a year ago.

So far, my to-do list looks like:
-Clean/Put away all clothes (everything I own smells like spices)
-File all lose paper around our house
-Clean out spare room closet, move stuff to office closet
-Move new dresser upstairs into guest room
-Decorate and clean the office. Johnny's new job allows him to work from home so we're setting up a home office for him. I want it to be a good productive work environment that feels complete so he can concentrate on working and not what needs to be done around the house.
-Paint master bathroom wall/install new mirrors.
-Deep clean master bathroom
-Update blog posts. So much has been happening. Topics so far include: vacation, dad's hospital visit, new jobs, other changes.

Ok I'm off to find paper for our diploma frames so we can get them hung up in the new office!


No comments:

Post a Comment